Sunday, April 6, 2014

DIY Natural Lip Stain!

                                                   *I did not take this photo*
                      *Please note, the reason I am not taking my own photos is because*
             *I want to have decent photos, and my IPod...it doesn't really take decent photos.*

Okay, so I know I'm not the only one that hates lip gloss and lipstick (well most of it anyways)Well anyways on pinterest the other week I saw a post to make a lip stain, but I wanted to figure out how to make my own, so I've been looking into it and trying to find a recipe that will actually work...believe be this has failed...a lot.

So what you will need:

Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, or Coconut Oil, just make sure you liquefy it
Berries! (Cherries, Raspberries, Pomegranate Seeds, Etc.)
Small Cauldron? <<<Sorry Not 100% Sure What To Call It)

1. So First Take your berries, and mash them so you get the juice, if they have a seed, cut it in half and remove the seed(s)

2. Drain the juice through the cauldron, to remove all the pulp, and skin that may have gotten into it.

3. Put in about 1/2-2 tsp of oil, (I found that with some of the juices like blackberry I had to use more) Start at 1/2 tsp and work your way up so you don't use too much, the consistency should be very liquid-y, but not overly liquid-y...sorry if that was bad explaining.

4. Pour contents into a small container.

*TIP* If you use Coconut Oil, It should Harden to be a Solid Lip Stain.

I found that the ones I made with olive oil lasted about 2-5 days out of the fridge, and about a little over a week in the fridge, the ones made with coconut oil lasted a bit longer, weird but they did maybe cause they were solid? But anyways just to warn you, they aren't gonna last like normal ones, so I suggest making it in small batches!

Have Fun Creating!
Also, Have fun experimenting the colors, different mixtures or berries will make the colors vary. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment